First Annual Event Expects 5,000 in Wollongong
Australia’s biggest ever celebration of the world’s favorite motorcycle brand will be riding into Wollongong October 2016 for Harley Days Australia.
An extravaganza of Harley-Davidson® showcases, stunts and spectacles to ignite the senses and excite all ages. This open event will have 3 days of entertainment and world class custom Harley-Davidson motorcycles on show. Thousands of Harley-Davidson riders will descend on Stuart Park for Australia’s first ever Harley Days festival from October 28 to 30.
Director of Marketing for Harley-Davidson Australia and New Zealand, Adam Wright, said the event was more than just motorcycle enthusiasts revving their engines but was also a celebration of the brand’s “lifestyle”.
- “I think in a way motorcycling has become a little more accepted over the years,” Mr Wright said.
- “The friendliness of the riders; we have a lot of charitable events; the motorcycling community in general is very generous in what they give to a lot of diff charities and causes, and I think that’s help change the face of motorcycling.”
- He said Australia was seeing an increase in motorcycle brands popping up while Harley-Davidson has experienced an increase in road bike sales in the past 12 months.
Some of the featured attractions for the event include…
- Action zones – all day entertainment for the kids, BMX bike stunts, and more
- Custom bike show – Judges will be from Heavy Duty Magazine and Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Entertainment – Three days of jam packed entertainment. Whether your choice is old school or more modern rock
- Guided Rides – Hosted by NSW South Coast Chapter on Friday and Saturday, take advantage of the local knowledge and see the greatest riding roads in the area. A special LOH (Ladies of Harley) ride will head towards Kiama on Saturday.
- H-D1 Custom Shop – See all the latest and greatest Harley-Davidson® parts and accessories up close and personal.
- Bike draw – For $25.00 (inc GST), you can purchase a Harley Days pin. Every pin you purchase is an entry to win a Dyna Low Rider S.
- Demos – Be the first to come and try the latest 2017 Harley-Davidson motorcycles on a special route.
- Merchandise – Visit the Harley-Davidson Dealer area for some Harley-Davidson branded retail therapy.
- HOG Zone – The HOG Zone will be a chill out zone for HOG members and their guests only and will be open for three days.
- Jumpstarts – If you are new to motorcycles, or haven’t ridden for years, Jumpstarts are perfect for you.
- Show and shine – The traditional show and shine takes place at Stuart Park after the Thunder Run on Sunday afternoon.
- Thunder Run – Do not miss the biggest parade of Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles in Australia on Sunday.
- Vendors – with lots of new traders. From protective clothing, ear molds, custom paint suppliers, jewellery, quality food and beverages just to name a few.
You can download the latest activity schedule HERE – note: subject to change
For more information visit the official Harley Days Australia website HERE
From your friends at HDhistory.com….it’s about bloody time Australia, cheers mate!